Find the Commercial Auto Policy That Fits Your Business
Tailoring your insurance coverage to your business’s specific requirements will give you the best value for your insurance dollar. So when assessing your options look for insurance providers who offer a range of coverages that fit your business’s unique set of requirements.
Basic Commercial Auto Coverage
When evaluating your choices it is important to know what is covered in the basic insurance plan. Some companies offer “extra coverages” as part of their standard plan providing more initial value. Some of these added built-in features include …
- Waiving of the auto glass repair deductible
- Including electronic logging devices or electronic on-board recorders
- Towing for covered auto after a covered loss
- Covering the value of the fuel in the covered vehicle
- Insuring miscellaneous equipment used with the covered vehicle
Optional Coverages for More Complete Protection
Having optional coverages to select from allows you to build a plan specifically for your business. These options can include …
- One deductible for an accident involving a combination truck, tractor, and trailer
- Fuel in vehicle coverage
- Coverage for hired auto and physical damage for private passenger and light trucks rented for period of less than 30 days
- Coverage for miscellaneous equipment used with a covered vehicle
- Coverage to pay for a rental truck and for loss of business income and extra expenses occurred after a coverage loss
- Rental reimbursement coverage for private passenger and light trucks
- Transportation expenses for private passenger and light trucks
Truckers’ Enhancements Offer Better Coverage
Truckers have unique insurance needs that insurance carriers may address by offering different coverage options to truckers. These enhancements normally come at an additional cost.
- One deductible for an accident involving combination truck, tractor trailer, and cargo
- Broad form electronic equipment
- Coverage for the “gap” between a vehicle’s market value and what is owed on a lease or loan
- Miscellaneous equipment used with covered trailers
- Personal property
This is a summary of Acuity coverages. Contractual coverage is as stated in the policy. Not all coverages or options are available in all states. Supplementary coverage options as listed above may be added to an insurance policy for an additional cost where applicable. See your agent for more information.
Work with the Mitchell Agency
The Mitchell Agency represents insurance companies that understand the trucking industry, its unique challenges, and how to create insurance programs that meet their specific needs.
For those with questions on what insurance coverage you should have, just give me, J.T. Emerson, a call at 765-742-1135 or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.